Budgies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budgies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bonkers, the baby Cockatiel

This morning, Jeff and I woke up to a call from the lady at the pet store. She told us that something had happened with the cockatiels and that the baby cockatiel we've been waiting for was fine but that it's mother could no longer take care of it. She also told us that she also wouldn't be able to take care of it. So Jeff and I decided to put on our "parenting" gear and try to take care and hand feed this tiny little baby. I had chosen the name Bonkers a month before when we first decided to get this little baby. I was hoping, however, to get him a little older. When we first arrived at the pet store we headed straight to the back where the birds are to see if we could see our new little one. The lady encharge of the pet store met up with us with a small ziploc bag box. Inside the box was our sweet little Bonkers. I can say that when I first saw him I knew that I wanted him and would do my best to take care of him. I have learned just in the hours that we've had him that I know I have lots of maternial instincts kick in and I've learned alot. I know it's an amazing feeling to look down at something so sweet and innocent, and to have it look back up at you with wonder and trust. It's lots of responsibilty, but there's lots of love behind it. I'm so glad to have Bonkers in our lives and I'm glad that I get this oppertunity to take care of him. Hand feeding him is a challenge, but I'm so glad that he's so happy when it's "food time". I love watching him just sit in his little box as he looks up at me, with trust and I look down at him in awe. Jeff and I are glad for Bonkers, and we look forward to watching him grow and becoming a great friend and "kid".

1 comment:

  1. Sydneyheadshotsandportraits helps you get Professional Headshots in 3 easy steps.
    https://www.sydneyheadshotsandportraits.com.au/corporate-headshots-sydney.html
    Address: 9 Keriba Street, The Ponds 2769, Australia
    Phone No : 0425 228 815

    ReplyDelete

Glitter Text
Make your own Glitter Graphics

Glitter Text
Make your own Glitter Graphics